20.2.08

the simple things

Sometimes the simple things of life can cause us to forget the really important ones. Eveyday mundane tasks often get in the way of seeing the beauty around us. Beauty comes in a variety of forms. The obvious is seen in nature; a sunny day, fresh fallen snow, or yes, even in the storms we can see God's hand in creating beauty. What I often miss is the beauty found in relationships. Time spent with my wife, my children and grandchildren, or simply spending time with friends. The most amazing beauty is what I read in the pages of scripture. An almighty God who chose to redeem us through the sacrifice of His son Jesus. These are the the simple things that bring true joy and contentment to life. "He brings gifts into our lives..." Galatians 5:22-23 (the message)

2 comments:

  1. Paul,

    Welcome to the blogosphere. I will put a link to your blog on my site. I would appreciate it if you would also link to Ethos (my blog).

    The URL is:
    http://www.randyelrod.typepad.com

    It was so great to meet you and I am so thankful you were at cre:ate.

    Keep blogging!

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Paul,
    Welcome to the blogging world :) Grace and peace to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!